We hope that you are loving our Wild Ferment Sauvignon Blanc – our March 2018 Feature wine – and wanted to give you some inspiration about what food to pair with it. We think this delicious Lemon baked Salmon recipe will work beautifully.
Get your ingredients sorted:
- 4 fillets of Salmon (skin on)
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Spanish Onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 20ml Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- Lemon Wedges
- Cherry Tomatoes
To create the Lemon Baked Salmon
- Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare a baking tray with 4 pieces of aluminium foil large enough to wrap each salmon fillet.
- In a bowl, place lemon juice, onion, capers, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Place the salmon on the foil with the skin down. Evenly spoon the lemon mix on the top of each fillet.
- Wrap the fillets up and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven let rest for five minutes before opening.
- Place asparagus into a steamer and cook through.
- Carefully unwrap the salmon and place on the plates. Serve with the asparagus, rocket, cherry tomatoes and lemon wedges. In winter serve with a sweet potato mash.