It’s officially winter, the perfect season for warm soups. Our Wild Ferment Chardonnay is a beautiful wine to this season, especially when it’s paired with this creamy delight.
Get your ingredients sorted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoonsbutter
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream
- ¼ cup grated cheddar
- 2 sprigs of spring onion or croutons to garnish (optional)
To create the soup
1. Heat oil and butter In a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and leek and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion and leek are softened. Add cauliflower and continue to cook for a further 7 minutes. Add stock and season with salt and pepper. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 – 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
2. Remove the soup from heat and set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly. Blend,
in batches until smooth. Return to pan and add cream and cheese. Cook, stirring
until heated through.
3. Pour into bowls and garnish with spring onion or the croutons (if using).
Serve immediately with a glass of Wild Ferment Chardonnay.
Download the recipe: Cauliflower and Leek Soup