You’re used to hearing that Cabernet Sauvignon goes well with steaks and rib but did you ever think to pair it with a burger? This Smokey Beef Burger tastes amazing, and even better when our Granite Belt Cabernet Sauvignon is paired with it!
Get your ingredients sorted
- 2 tsp Smoked salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 1 kg high quality Beef mince
- 1 tbs oil
- 4 squares of sliced smoked cheddar
- 4 burger buns
- 1/2 tbs butter
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ Iceberg Lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup of Tomato Sauce
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
To make the burger
- To make the sauce, add all the sauce ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Create the patties by separating the beef mince into 4 quarters and forming into patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Once heated, place the patties in the pan and cook for 4 minutes before flipping. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Place the smoked cheddar on top of the patties, cover with a lid until patties are just cooked through.
- Toast the buns in a buttered pan until slightly browned.
- Assemble the burger by placing the lettuce, patty, tomato and onion on the bottom bun. Smear the sauce on the underneath of the top bun and serve immediately with a glass of Granite Belt Cabernet Sauvignon.
Download the PDF Smokey Beef Burger.